Monday, July 10, 2006

Scratched from my start (excessive alcohol intake)

There was no update last night for a simple reason: I drank. A lot.

Last night was the primary purpose for our trip to Oregon: our west-coast reception for the folks who couldn't make the trip to D.C. in October.

This reception, as one could imagine, was a lot easier and more relaxed than October. There were no worries about actually getting married and little details like that (it's a joke honey, I know you're reading).

So I took advantage. With a full complement of Mirror Pond Pale Ale and Twilight Ale, I indulged in both. A lot. I couldn't keep track, but the bottle count was easily into double digits; and drinking like that can put even the fattest guys away.

I was no exception. Any entry by me would have along the lines of:

"Adsajkdsjda;dsadjsafdasjk party. Euiorewquioprew beer. Ccn.vcxz.m,nznmc friends and family. 67ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt"

(That last 67t... would have been my face falling flat on the keyboard.)

But enough of what would have been, and on to what was: The reception was a blast, and it was cool to see some people that I hadn't seen since last year's shower. (A funny note about last year: The wedding shower turned into a real shower when a set of sprinklers accidentally went off beneath one table.)

No zany incidents on Saturday night, just a lot of fun, friends and family.

And a lot of beer, too.

2 comments:

Stormy said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!

P.J. said...

Mmmmm....getting drunk!