Saturday, January 05, 2008

Paging Nelson Muntz; Nelson Muntz to the white courtesy phone, please


My lovely wife and I were completing some Saturday morning errand running, which included breakfast at IHOP (hey, I wasn't turning down the all-you-can-eat pancake deal) and a trip to the store. See, Safeway failed to deliver 12 or so items that we requested, forcing us to go to the store to pick up said items, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having groceries delivered.

But I digress...

On the way from IHOP to Harris Teeter - hell no, we weren't going to Safeway! - we happened upon a normal-looking van, save for all of the lettering on the back window.

"Look honey," my good conservative wife said. "It's one of the Ron Paul crazies!"

"Should we make them feel good?" I asked.

"Sure," came the reply. So I tooted a few times as we whizzed by in the passing lane.

A few seconds later, I yelled, "Ha ha! I'm voting for Romney!" The retort wasn't all it could've been, however; it was cold and we had our windows up, meaning the comment sort of lost its effectiveness outside of the Explorer.

Still, it amused us. And we like to laugh, so the moment became an instant classic.

And for the record, I am not committed to any candidate.

No comments: